Katy's Asia Adventures (plus Mexico!)

A haphazard chronicle of my inevitable misadventures during a year in Vietnam and points east.

p.s. I'll be pitifully grateful if you send me email during my exile: TravelerKaty@hotmail.com

October 2002 November 2002 December 2002 January 2003 February 2003 March 2003 April 2003 May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 February 2006 March 2006 May 2006 This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, October 20, 2002
 
On a lighter note, I ordered a new dish for breakfast this morning. My general modus operandi is to point at things at Rang Dong, the restaurant across the street from my hotel, then they serve it over a bed of rice with fish sauce. Strange breakfast, but I'm getting used to it.

This morning I decided to get the roasted chicken thigh, which they grill on a little mini-kitchen they have out on the sidewalk (right next to where they wash the dishes in dirty water). Imagine my surprise when it was served in pieces over the rice, but pieces in which they had cut right through the bone with a very sharp knive, rather than pieces in which they cut the meat off the bone. A new challenge to pick the meat off the little pieces of bone using chopsticks and a spoon.

That crunchy sound you hear? Missed one.

© 2002 Katy Warren


Comments: Post a Comment