Katy's Asia Adventures (plus Mexico!)

A haphazard chronicle of my inevitable misadventures during a year in Vietnam and points east.

p.s. I'll be pitifully grateful if you send me email during my exile: TravelerKaty@hotmail.com

October 2002 November 2002 December 2002 January 2003 February 2003 March 2003 April 2003 May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 February 2006 March 2006 May 2006 This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, June 13, 2003
 
It's my birthday today!

Yep, I'm 36, which seems quite old to me. Well, not old in the absolute sense, but it seems like I should be more settled and have more focus at the grand age of 36. I think we're all aware that I haven't much focus at this point, since I've been wandering aimlessly around Asia for several months and have never had any interest in careers that make any money. The other thing is that most of the people I meet travelling around are in their mid to late 20's, and though it isn't unusual to meet backpackers older than me, I'm tired of usually being the oldest.

And that's why today is the day I start lying about my age. I've decided that 32 is a good age -- not too outside the realm of possibility given my looks, and yet young enough to make a year of directionless international meandering look more acceptable.

So happy 32nd birthday to me! How does it feel to be the oldest sister now, Amanda?



Copyright 2003 Katy Warren


Comments: Post a Comment